18:05 h / 2022/04/04
- The 3rd edition of the Play for Change Awards seeks entries from toy makers striving to positively impact children’s lives and futures
- Entries are welcomed in three categories: Diversity and Inclusion, Sustainability and Life Skills
- Toys or initiatives launched during 2021 and available in Europe are eligible for the competition
- The call for entries is open from 4 April to 20 May
- More information available at playforchangeawards.eu #PlayforChangeAwards
Toy Industries of Europe (TIE) today opens the third edition of the Play for Change Awards. The awards will celebrate toys or initiatives that go beyond the expected and aim to make a positive impact on children’s lives by promoting diversity and inclusion, by showing care for our planet or by encouraging the development of the skills needed to thrive in the 21st century.
Submissions will be evaluated by external judges who are all experts in their respective fields. For the third year in a row, John Baulch, industry stalwart and founder of Toy World Magazine, will supervise proceedings as Chair of the jury.
Compared to the past two years, the 2022 edition of the awards brings a few changes. Two categories have been renamed to provide more clarity – ‘Future Skills’ is now ‘Life Skills’ and ‘Empowerment’ is now ‘Diversity and Inclusion’. The ‘Sustainability’ criteria have been refined to ensure the overall positive impact for the environment is judged.
Catherine Van Reeth, TIE’s Director General, said “Over the past two years – despite challenging circumstances – the Play for Change Awards have impressed me with the positive examples for the whole sector. I am looking forward to what this third edition will bring. These awards are the perfect opportunity for toy makers who are making a real difference to be recognised by experts and celebrated by their peers.”
Toy companies of all sizes, TIE members and non-members alike, with products or initiatives launched in 2021 and available in Europe are invited to take part. Participation of smaller companies is especially encouraged. Entries will be accepted until 20 May 2022. The winners for all three categories will be announced in early October.